While Shelli is still busy taking care of colds and stuffy noses, I will give you a recipe for the easiest and most delicious cookies you’ll ever make. When Shelli was in 5th grade, her teacher shared this recipe and it has been a family favorite since.
- 3/4 C Peanut Butter
- 2 Pounds Melting Chocolate, or White Chocolate (bars or wafers)
- 80 Hi Ho or Ritz Crackers
- Spread 1 tsp. peanut butter on each of 1/2 the crackers
- Top with the remaining crackers, a total of 40 cookies
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or double boiler and keep over simmering water or re-microwave if necessary
- Dip each cracker allowing excess to drain
- Place on wax paper to cool, allowing coating to completely set – 15 minutes in the refrigerator will work too.
- Store between layers of wax paper. These cookies freeze well also.
Shelli will be back shortly with more recipes and to let us know what’s new and delicious in the culinary world! Get well soon kiddos………….